Logging in to the View desktop takes a long time when persona management is enabled (2011823)
- Logging in to a View desktop takes a long time
- VMware View Persona Management is enabled
- You are using an endpoint protection application to scan the user persona files
This issue occurs because excessive instructions are sent from the endpoint protection software to the persona management agent.
To resolve this issue, you must configure persona management to exclude endpoint protection commands at the driver level.
To exclude endpoint protection commands at the driver level:
- Download the
2011823_ViewPM.zipfile attached to this article and extract the
- Identify the executable used by your endpoint protection software to scan files.
- Remove the existing
ViewPM.admfile from your Active Directory policy management server. For more information, see the Microsoft Technet article 772560.
Note: The preceding link was correct as of February 13, 2012. If you find the link is broken, provide feedback and a VMware employee will update the link.
- Add the new
ViewPM.admfile to your Active Directory policy management server.
- Configure the persona policies located at
Admin Templates\VMware View Agent Config\Persona Management\Roaming & Synchronization\Excluded Processesand add your endpoint protection executable. For information on configuring View Persona Management Policies, see the VMware View Administration Guide .
- Log in to the View desktop and verify that performance is improved.