The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Using EM4J with Apache Tomcat (2011243)
Is it possible to use the Elastic Memory for Java (EM4J) components with Apache Tomcat rather than tc Server 2.8?
These restrictions apply:
- The Apache Tomcat installation must be running on an ESXi 5.0 virtual machine.
- EM4J must be enabled in the virtual machine's configuration (that is, the parameter
sched.mem.pshare.guestHintsSyncEnableis set to
- EM4J is built and tested for use on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x or 6.x. Other distributions of Linux may work, but they are not tested.
- EM4J requires Java Development Kit (JDK) 1.6 or 1.7.
- EM4J requires Apache Tomcat 6.0.x or 7.0.x. VMware recommends that you use version 6.0.35 / 7.0.23 or greater.
- You must have an existing installation of tc Server 2.8 packaged with EM4J 1.2.
For more information on using EM4J with Apache Tomcat, see Installing EM4J with Apache Tomcat (2011244).
Pivotal tc Server Knowledge Base:
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.