The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Registering a license key in My VMware (2011177)
This article provides steps to register license keys. You need to register license keys for:
- Desktop products such as VMware Fusion and VMware Workstation
Note: Product registration occurs automatically at the time of purchase for all VMware products except VMware Fusion and VMware Workstation. Fusion and Workstation license keys must be registered to have access to complimentary support. You can, however, activate your Fusion or Workstation software without registering the license keys. For more information about complimentary support, see Registering for complimentary support in My VMware (2016092).
- SDK products before you can file a Support Request
To register your license key:
- Log in to My VMware.
- Click Products & Downloads > Product Registration from the main menu.
- Enter your license key(s). You can include up to 50 license keys and register them all at the same time.
- Click Continue.
- A license key can be registered only once. If you try to register an already registered license key, you see the error:
Unsuccessful Registration, The following key(s) cannot be registered. 4E38H-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-1E234 Serial Number/License Activation Code has already been registered to email@example.com
To re-register a license key, file a Support Request. For more information, see Filing a Support Request in My VMware (2006985).
- If you are unable to view your licenses despite registering, see Missing licenses in your My VMware account (2014346).
- For more information on licensing, see Licensing VMware Fusion (2014287) and Licensing VMware Workstation (2014291).
- For information on registering OEM license keys, see VMware Partner Activation Codes (PAC) explained (2014281).
This Article Replaces
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.