The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
ESX/ESXi host displays warning message when test condition is false (2008602)
- Host displays a warning in the Summary or Alarms tab, even though the test condition is false, that is similar to:
Host hostname currently has no management network redundancy
- The above error message displays in the Summary tab for the host, even though there are two available uplinks for the vSwitch hosting the Service Console/VMkernel Port Management Network, providing a redundancy.
Note: This also applies to the alarm definitions for any object, e.g. memory/CPU usage.
To resolve this issue, use one of these options:
- Right-click the host and click Reconfigure HA.
- Disable and then re-enable HA. For more information, see Configuring High Availability on a HA/DRS cluster fails with the error: error while running health check script (1021173).
- Restart the management agents from the command line:
- Log in to the host as root.
- Run this command:
service mgmt-vmware restart
- For ESXi, enable SSH using this command:
For more information on enabling SSH on ESXi, see Using Tech Support Mode in ESXi 4.1 and ESXi 5.0.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.