The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Enabling Lockdown mode in vCenter Server fails with the error: General system error occurred: Invalid response (2007633)
- Enabling Lockdown mode in vCenter Server via Configuration > Security Profile fails
- You see the error:
A general system error occurred: Invalid response
Call "HostSystem.DisableAdmin" for object "<hostname>" on vCenter Server "<vCenter Server name>" failed
To resolve this issue:
- Log in to the DCUI on the ESXi console and disable Lockdown mode. For more information, see Enabling or disabling Lockdown mode on an ESXi host (1008077).
- Enable Lockdown mode in vCenter Server.
- Launch the vCenter Server, select the host and navigate to Configuration > Security Profile.
- Under Lockdown Mode, click Edit and select Enable Lockdown Mode.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.