Virtual machine performance degrades while a vMotion is being performed (2007595)
- When using vMotion to migrate a virtual machine from ESXi 5.0 host to another, the performance of the virtual machine degrades
- The virtual machine is very active and consumes a large amount of memory, database, or mail server.
- In the vSphere client, select the host and then click the Configuration tab.
- Under Software, click Advanced Settings.
- Click Migrate in the left side and the scroll down to Migrate.SdpsEnabled on the right side.
- Change the value of Migrate.SdpsEnabled to 0.
- Click OK.
Note: This change must be applied to all hosts in the cluster.
vMotion of highly active virtual machines may fail when SDPS is disabled. There is also a higher probability that metro vMotion (vMotion over a link with up to 10ms of latency) might fail as the virtual machine's memory is dirtied faster than it can be copied over the slower link.