The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Creating a new datastore fails with the error: An error occurred during host configuration (2007328)
- Cannot create a new datastore from vCenter Server or directly from the vSphere Client
- Creating a new datastore fails
- The Add Storage Wizard reports the error:
An error occurred during host configuration.
Call “HostDatastoreSystem.QueryVmfsDatastoreCreateOptions” for object “ha-datastoresystem” on ESXi “xxx.xxx.xxx.xx″ failed.
An internal error occurred in the vsphere client.
- The size of the LUN is more than 2TB - 512 bytes. The maximum LUN size in vSphere 4 is 2TB - 512 bytes. For more information on this limitation, see Troubleshooting a LUN that is extended in size past the 2TB/2047GB limit (1004230).
- The LUN being presented was used as an RDM earlier.
- The LUN contains a GPT partition that cannot be removed.
To prevent this issue:
- Ensure that the LUN size is less than 2TB - 512 bytes or 2047GB. If the LUN is larger then 2TB - 512 bytes, delete it from your Storage Array and recreate it with a size less than the 2TB - 512 bytes limit.
- If the disk was used by another operating system in the past or contains a GPT partition, you must delete the partition information.
For more information, see Troubleshooting the Add Storage Wizard error: Unable read partition information from this disk error (1008886).
- For information on VMFS-5, see vSphere 5 FAQ: VMFS-5 (2003813).
- Troubleshooting a LUN that is extended in size past the 2TB/2047GB limit
- Troubleshooting the Add Storage Wizard error: Unable to read partition information from this disk
- vSphere 5 FAQ: VMFS-5
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.