The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Installing the View Client fails with error: Setup cannot continue. The Microsoft Runtime DLL installer failed to complete installation (2007225)
To resolve the issue:
- Reboot the machine to try and clear the pending operations. If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
- Open the registry editor:
- In Windows XP: Click Start > Run, type regedit, and click OK.
- In Windows Vista/7: Click Start, type regedit, and click OK.
- Check for these registry keys:
- If there is a string in either of these keys, delete the string.
- Attempt to install VMware View Client again.
Note: If this does not resolve the issue, you may also need to delete any strings in these keys as well:
- After deleting the strings, reboot the machine and attempt to install the View Client.
Note: If your problem still exists after trying the steps in this article, please file a support request with VMware Support and note this KB article ID in the problem description. For more information, see How to Submit a Support Request.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.