The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Creating a My VMware profile (2007005)
This article provides steps to:
- Register for a My VMware profile
- Log in to My VMware
Creating a profile
You need a My VMware profile to:
- Access My VMware and the VMware Communities
- Download products and free trials (evaluations)
- Register Independent Software Vendor (ISV) products, promotions, and partner activation codes
Whenever a My VMware profile is required, you have the option to log in. If you do not have a profile, you can create one.
Note: If the email ID you provide when creating your profile is already registered, you see an error and you are asked to log in. A profile can be associated with multiple accounts, but an email address can only be associated with one profile. If you have already registered but forgot your password, click Forgot your password? Otherwise, register with a different email address.
To create a My VMware profile:
- Navigate to the My VMware log in page and perform one of these options:
- Click the Register tab.
- Click My VMware > Register for My VMware from the top navigation:
Note: If you perform the second option, proceed to step 3.
- Enter your first name, last name, and email address, indicate if you are a VMware partner, and click Continue.
Note: If you indicate that you are a VMware partner, you have access to the Partners tab in the My VMware main menu.
- Complete the registration form.
Note: The information you enter in the form is used when filing a Support Request. Make sure the information is correct and business appropriate.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click Continue.
The Next Step: Check Your Email page displays information about activating your profile. Do not close this page.
If you do not receive the activation email within 10 minutes:
- Check your junk or spam folder. Add email@example.com to your email contacts list or whitelist or ask your IT department to add firstname.lastname@example.org to their email whitelist.
- Click Resend Email to have the activation email resent.
Note: For more information about activating your profile, see Activating your My VMware profile (2007007).
Logging in to My VMware
Note: A My VMware profile does not allow you to log in to Partner Central. For more information, see Registering with Partner Central (2017710).
To log in to My VMware:
- Navigate to the My VMware log in page or hover over My VMware from a vmware.com page:
- Enter your email address or customer number and password.
- For information on your customer number, see Customer Numbers in My VMware (2013927).
- If you have forgotten your password, see Recovering a forgotten My VMware password (2013963).
- Click Log In.
If you experience issues logging in to My VMware, see:
For related information, see:
- Activating your My VMware profile (2007007)
- Viewing and updating your My VMware profile (2007008)
- Deactivating a My VMware profile (2013926)
- Customer Numbers in My VMware (2013927)
- Recovering a forgotten My VMware password (2013963)
- Registering with Partner Central (2017710)
- Logging in to My VMware fails (2014050)
This Article Replaces
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.