The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
VMware store purchasing and order details (2006980)
This article describes the VMware Online Store purchasing process and order details.
Placing an order
The VMware Store allows you to place an order to purchase products.
To place an order:
- Go to the VMware Store. Alternatively, if you are logged into My VMware, click Buy > Store from the main menu.
- Select a Category from the top navigation.
- Locate the product you want to order and click Buy Now.
- Make your selection, and click Add to Cart.
- Click Add to add any recommended products.
- If applicable, enter a promo code and click Apply.
- Click Continue Shopping to add more products to your cart.
Note: You can view your cart at any time by clicking Cart > View Cart.
- When you are finished adding products to your cart, click Secure Checkout.
- If prompted, log in to your My VMware profile.
Note: If you do not have an profile, you must create one in the New Account Information section. When you receive your confirmation email, click Continue.
- Enter your billing information. All fields marked with an asterisk are required.
- If you are paying with credit card, ensure that the billing information is the exactly the same as it appears on your credit card.
- PO boxes are not permitted.
- Enter your payment information.
Note: Click the details link next to the payment method for more information.
- Click Continue.
- You are suggested a default email address that is stored in the system. If it does not match with the one you enter, you have the option to use either of the two email addresses.
- Review the summary and ensure that all details are correct, and click Submit.
- Click Begin Download to download your product.
Note: You can view the details of any order by selecting a specific order from the Order History page in My VMware. For more information, see Viewing account activities and order history in My VMware (2006979).
VAT charges are applicable only in Europe. The VAT charge is calculated as [product price * 1.15]. For example, If the product price is £50 then the VAT charge would be (50*1.15). In this case, the VAT charge and total would be £57.50.
Note: On a normal product page, the Price column includes VAT. On a Volume License Pricing (VLP) product oage, the Price column excludes VAT.
For related information, see:
- Requesting an invoice for purchases made through the VMware online store (2005843)
- Redeeming Promo Codes (1032068)
- Promo codes not received (2013998)
- Viewing account activities and order history in My VMware (2006979)
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Partner Activation Code Portal (2011587)
- Not for Resale (NFR) licenses (1012581)
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.