The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
VMware store purchasing and order details (2006980)
This article describes the VMware Online Store purchasing process and order details.
Placing an order
The VMware Store allows you to place an order to purchase products.
To place an order:
- Go to the VMware Store. Alternatively, if you are logged into My VMware, click Buy > Store from the main menu.
- Select a Category from the top navigation.
- Click the product you want to order.
- Enter the quantity and click Add to Cart.
- If applicable, enter a promo code and click Apply.
- If you have done not so already, log in to My VMware.
Note: If you do not have an account, you must create one. Enter the required information and click Create an Account.
- Enter your billing information. All fields marked with an asterisk are required.
- If you are paying with credit card, ensure that the billing information is the exactly the same as it appears on your credit card statement and credit card.
- PO boxes are not permitted.
- Click the Details link next to the payment method for more information.
- Indicate if you would like to receive VMware email communications.
- Click Continue Checkout.
- If prompted, verify your address. Update if appropriate.
- Review the order, your billing address, and payment method.
Note: Click Edit to make any necessary changes, then click Continue Checkout.
- Agree to the Terms of Sale.
- Click Continue Shopping if you want to add to your order.
- When the order is complete, click Submit.
Note: You can view the details of any order by selecting a specific order from the Order History page in My VMware. For more information, see Viewing account activities and order history in My VMware (2006979).
VAT charges are applicable only in Europe. The VAT charge is calculated as [product price * 1.15]. For example, If the product price is £50 then the VAT charge would be (50*1.15). In this case, the VAT charge and total would be £57.50.
Note: On a normal product page, the Price column includes VAT. On a Volume License Pricing (VLP) product oage, the Price column excludes VAT.
For related information, see:
- Requesting an invoice for purchases made through the VMware online store (2005843)
- Redeeming Promo Codes (1032068)
- Promo codes not received (2013998)
- Viewing account activities and order history in My VMware (2006979)
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Partner Activation Code Portal (2011587)
- Not for Resale (NFR) licenses (1012581)
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.