The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Combining license keys in My VMware (2006973)
This article explains how to combine license keys in My VMware.
Note: If you experience issues when combining license keys, see Combining license keys in My VMware fails (2020934).
- You can combine license keys that are in the same folder to create a single key in the same folder.
- You cannot combine license keys of different editions or for different products, and you cannot combine license keys that are in different folders.
Super Users, Procurement Contacts, and users with the Divide & Combine License Keys permissions can combine license keys.
To combine license keys:
- Log in to My VMware.
- Select License Keys from the Quick Links menu.
- Select Combine License Keys from the I want to dropdown:
- Select a folder.
Note: You cannot combine license keys from different folders.
- Select a product.
- Select two or more license keys to combine into one license key.
- Click Continue.
- Indicate that you have read and understand the warning, then click Confirm.
The change takes place immediately. An alert is generated when the action is complete.
For related information, see:
- Combining license keys in My VMware fails (2020934)
- Dividing license keys in My VMware (2006972)
- Moving license keys in My VMware (2006971)
- Deactivating license keys in My VMware (2006976)
- Viewing license keys in My VMware (2006831)
- Upgrading license keys in My VMware (2006974)
- Downgrading license keys in My VMware (2006975)
This Article Replaces
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.