The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
How to divide license keys in My VMware (2006972)
This article explains steps to divide license keys in My VMware.
Note: If you experience issues when dividing license keys, see Dividing license keys in My VMware fails (2020935).
Dividing license keys allows for flexibility and the option to distribute license keys across multiple folders.
Super Users, Procurement Contacts, and users with the Divide & Combine License Keys permissions can divide license keys.
To divide license keys:
- Log in to My VMware.
- Select Manage License Keys from the navigation bar at the top.
- Select Divide License Keys from the dropdown.
- Select a folder:
Note: If you have a large number of products or license keys, you can use the By Products tab. To filter products within particular folders, click the Folders dropdown and select a folder. Click Apply.
- Select a product.
- Select the license key you want to divide.
Note: The product must be eligible to be divided. VMware Fusion 1 and 2, VMware Workstation 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, Cisco Nexus 1000 V, and Enterprise products released before May 2009 cannot be divided.
- Click Continue.
- Choose the number of new keys from the dropdown. The total quantity of licenses must be greater than 1.
- Assign the number of CPUs or VMs to each key. The entered quantity must be equal to the total quantity.
- Indicate that you have read and understood the warning.
- Click Continue.
The change takes place immediately. The confirmation is displayed along with the new keys. An alert is also generated when the action is complete.
- Click OK to close the confirmation window.
This Article Replaces
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.