The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Cannot edit/delete vApps, media, or templates after upgrading from vCloud Director 1.x to 1.5 (2006704)
After upgrading from vCloud Director 1.x to 1.5, you may experience these symptoms:
- You are unable to edit/delete the vApps, media, or templates
- Editing or deleting vApps, media, or templates after an upgrade fails
- In the log files, you see an error similar to:
2011-09-09 16:03:18,670 | DEBUG | 1839359217@pool-jetty-16 | BatchTask | Error executing backend call. |
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown name value for enum class com.vmware.vcloud.common.model.TaskOperation: VDC_UPDATE_RESOURCE_ENTITY
NOTE: This issue is resolved in vCloud Director 1.5.1.
To workaround this issue:
- Go to the DB machine.
- Log in to the database using the vCloud Director schema username and password. This is the username that vCloud Director uses to connect to DB.
- In the sqlplus prompt, execute the SQL script available in the attached 2006704_upgrade.zip file.
Note: You need not restart the vCloud Director service for the changes to take effect.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.