The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Colors by Status defined in Column Configs not displayed in Search/Outstanding screens in VMware Service Manager 9.x (2006007)
- Colors by status are set up in the Column Config screen, but calls do not display the correct colors in the Calls Outstanding and/or Call Search screen.
- Colors by status are set up in the Column Config screen, but requests do not display the correct colors in the Request Outstanding and/or Request Search screen
- Statuses are assigned colors in the Column Configuration screen, but colors do not work properly in the Outstanding and/or Search screens
In the Column Configs > Colors > Color by Status screen:
- The top few statuses are displayed in alphabetical order from Closed to Forward to You. These Physical Statuses are assigned automatically by the application.
- The statuses that come after the top few are also displayed in alphabetical order, but only amongst themselves. For instance, they start from A and progress to Z below the first set of statuses. These Request Completion Statuses are selected by the user on the Defer or Forward or Close screens.
In all cases except one, the color assigned to the Physical Status takes precedence and is the one that is displayed even if it is only the default color. The exception in this scenario is when the Physical Status is Current, which is when the Completion Status is displayed. That is, the color assigned to the Completion Status is displayed only when the Physical Status of the request is set as Current.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.