The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices service fails to start (2005743)
- The VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices service fails to start
- Performance Data does not display on the vCenter Server
- You may see this error when viewing performance data on the vCenter Server:
Perf Charts service experienced an internal error. Message: Report application initialization is not completed successfully. Retry in 60 seconds.
This issue may occur due if the Java Memory Pool setting, which is required by the Tomcat service, is set too low.
To increase the initial and maximum memory pool value:
- Click Start > All Programs > VMware > VMware Tomcat > Configure Tomcat.
- Click the Java tab.
- Increase the initial memory pool size from 256 MB to 1024 MB.
- Increase the maximum memory pool size from 1024 MB to 4096 MB.
- Click OK.
- Start the VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices and VMware VirtualCenter Server services. For more information, see Stopping, starting, or restarting vCenter services (1003895).
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.