The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Downloading and installing async drivers in VMware ESXi 5.x and ESXi 6.0.x (2005205)
VMware certifies async drivers that are developed by third-party vendors. They are released in the ESXi software package called a vSphere Installation Bundle (VIB).
Download an async driver signed by VMware
- Go to the VMware Compatibility Guide - IO Devices section.
- Apply filters to locate the IO device for which you want to upgrade the driver and open the device page.
- Look through the list for the version of ESXi you are running. VMware recommends installing the latest certified driver whenever possible.
- Click plus beside the version and click the link under footnotes to open the driver download page.
- Download the driver bundle to your local system.
Install the async driver
To install the async driver, use one of these methods:
Installing async drivers in ESXi 5.x and 6.0 using esxcli and offline bundle async driver zip file (2137853)
Note: For more information about installing a specific async driver release, see the /doc/README.txt file within the async driver release zip file.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.