Unable to unpublish a template in Lab Manager (2004898)
Unpublishing a template in Lab Manager fails with an error similar to the following:
Host "hostname" has reported an error. Requested file <path_to_vmx_file> is not writable.
This error occurs only for templates that have the / character in the VMX filename. Perform the following steps as a workaround to resolve the issue:
- Create a Configuration virtual machine from the template.
- Create a template from this virtual machine using the Add VM to Templates option.
- Discard the original template and publish the newly created template.
- Consolidate the newly created template so that its chain length becomes 0.
You can also perform the following steps:
- Export the template to a virtual machine.
- Import the template again without the / character in the name.
Note: Avoid creating virtual machines in either the vCenter Server or Lab Manager Server with the / character in their name.