IBM CBB Providers for IBM x86 series Servers Support on ESXi 5.0 (2004168)
- smbios provider – retrieves SMBIOS raw data, IMM version, uEFI version, and pDSA version
- pciinfo provider – retrieves PCI-related information
- hwckvm provider – retrieves the ckvm firmware version and machine type
Disclaimer: The partner product referenced in this article is a software module that is developed and supported by a partner. Use of this product is also governed by the end user license agreement of the partner. You must obtain the application, support, and licensing for using this product from the partner. See http://www.ibm.com.
Supported hardware and/or software
- Load the VMware vSphere 5.0 with IBM Customization Image via the ISO image or via the image available on a USB key, with the providers included.
- Download the separate CIM-provider bundle and then install the providers on vSphere 5.0 via the vSphere CLI.
Implementation schema detail
The IBM CBB providers do not follow any DMTF and SMI-S specification. Instead, they follow a private OEM profile.
CIM client plug-in support