The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Poor mouse performance on Windows 2008 R2 virtual machine or a Windows 7 virtual machine (2004145)
To update the driver for the video card to use the WDDM driver:
- Right-click the desktop and click Screen resolution.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Driver tab.
- Click Update Driver.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Enter this location or click Browse and navigate to it:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\Drivers\wddm_video
- Click Next. The driver is installed and you see a screen confirming that Windows has finished installing the driver for VMware SVGA 3D.
- When prompted, reboot the virtual machine to enable the new video driver.
For additional information about troubleshooting SVGA drivers, see Troubleshooting SVGA drivers installed with VMware Tools on Windows 7 and Windows 2008 running on ESXi/ESX 4.x/5.x (1011709).
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.