The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
VMware Converter not showing virtual machine port group for Linux conversions (2004080)
- VMware Converter wizard is not showing the virtual machine port group for the destination helper machine
- Conversion fails at 1% with network errors.
- The Converter wizard shows errors similar to:
[2012-09-29 12:51:23.574 05192 error 'vmomi.soapStub'] Resetting stub adapter for server TCP:10.120.245.50:443 : service state request failed: class Vmacore::SystemException(A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. )
To resolve this issue:
Note: Perform these steps before the helper virtual machine boots up.
- After submitting the conversion task, log on to the ESX/ESXi host on which the helper virtual machine is created.
- Right-click the virtual machine and click Edit Settings.
- Select the Network Adapter and manually add it to the virtual machine port group under Network connection.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.