The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Applying a host profile to an in-compliance host causes non-compliance (2003472)
This issue occurs when all of the following conditions all occur:
- You are using an ESXi 5.0 host provisioned with autodeploy.
- The management vmknic is connected to vSphere Distributed Switch.
- The management vmknic uses DHCP.
- The management vmknic has the Use PXE policy because the vmknic uses the MAC address of the PXE-booted NIC.
- You apply the profile to a host that is already compliant.
This issue is resolved in vSphere 5.0 Update 1.
Perform one of the following workarounds:
- Use a VSS-connected vmknic for host profile management.
- Use static IP addresses and a static MAC policy if you use vSphere Distributed Switch vmknics for management.
- After you apply the host profile, if the host is not compliant, apply the host profile again. The host will become compliant.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.