The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
VCM database heartbeat job fails with error 4121 (2003452)
- The VCM Database Heartbeat job fails.
- The error contains this message:
Cannot find either column "dbo" or the user-defined function or aggregate "dbo.<function>", or the name is ambiguous. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 4121)
To resolve this issue, recreate the function and its definition:
- Go to Administration > Settings > Asset Extention Settings > Hardware Configuration > VCM Devices.
- Recreate the missing information:
- Select the function.
- Click Edit.
- Work through the wizard to recreate the missing defnition.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.