The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
VMware Data Recovery loses connection to vCenter Server and virtual machines running on snapshots (2002546)
- VMware Data Recovery (VDR) loses connectivity with vCenter Server and virtual machines running on snapshots
- VDR does not detect the attached disks
- Virtual machines are running on VDR snapshots
To resolve this issue, reboot the VDR appliance. After rebooting, VDR should detect the attached disks and perform a cleanup.
If it does not detect the disks or perform the cleanup:
- Power down the VDR appliance.
- Edit the settings of the VDR appliance.
- Remove the virtual disks associated with the virtual machines.
- Open Snapshot Manager on the virtual machine.
- Click Delete All to consolidate the snapshot.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.