The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
LSI SMI-S CIM Provider Overview for ESXi 5.0 and ESXi 5.1 (2001549)
This article provides information about the LSI CIM provider.
- Additional CIM providers may be available from your server’s custom image package. For more information, contact your server vendor.
- The partner product referenced in this article is a software module that is developed and supported by a partner. Use of this product is also governed by the end user license agreement of the partner. You must obtain the application, support, and licensing for using this product from the partner.
LSI SMI-S Provider
Supported hardware and/or software
The LSI provider supports LSI MegaRAID, LSI SAS IR, LSI SAS IR2 and MegaSR controllers.
IPMI extensions (if any)
Implementation schema details
The LSI provider follows SMI-S schema v. 2.13 extended with a few proprietary classes.
CIM client plug-in support
For more information, see:
- The LSI section in the VMware Compatibility Guide partner-managed ESXi convergence tools list.
- The LSI Knowledge Base
To download the plugin:
- Navigate to the LSI Documents & Downloads site.
- Search for vmware.
- Expand the Management Software and Tools section using the + symbol.
- Select the CIM provider VIB that is compatible with your hardware.
Note: The older VIBs for ESXi may be in the Archived section of the LSI download site.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.