The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Reverting to a snapshot in vCenter Server shows the error: This object has already been deleted or has not been completely created (1039326)
- Reverting to a snapshot for a virtual machine fails
- Unable to power on or migrate a cloned virtual machine
- You see the error:
This object has already been deleted or has not been completely created.
- vCenter Server logs contain entries similar to:
13421:[2011-03-08 09:50:53.257 02580 info 'App' opID=3DB842F7-0000013A] [VpxLRO] -- ERROR task-489263 -- vm-9273 -- vim.vm.Snapshot.revert: vmodl.fault.ManagedObjectNotFound:
13424- dynamicType = <unset>,
13425- faultCause = (vmodl.MethodFault) null,
13426: obj = 'vim.vm.Snapshot:snapshot-133808',
13427- msg = "",
- ESX logs contain entries similar to:
[2011-03-08 09:50:47.127 F4F51B90 info 'Vmomi'] Throw vmodl.fault.ManagedObjectNotFound
[2011-03-08 09:50:47.127 F4F51B90 info 'Vmomi'] Result:
dynamicType = <unset>,
faultCause = (vmodl.MethodFault) null,
obj = 'vim.vm.Snapshot:576-snapshot-4',
msg = "",
This issue may be caused by mismatched snapshot object id in vCenter database. The mismatch can be triggered by migrating the powered off virtual machine to a different ESX host then restarting vpxd service.
To work around this issue:
- Remove the virtual machine from the inventory and re-add.
- Restart the revert operation within vCenter Server.
- Login to the ESX/ESXi host directly using the vSphere Client, and revert the snapshot.
- Revert the snapshot via the command-line in the ESX or ESXi host. For more information, see Committing snapshots on ESX/ESXi host from command line (1026380).
- Restart the vCenter Server service. For more information, see Stopping, starting, or restarting vCenter services (1003895)
Note: If your problem still exists after trying the steps in this article, please:
- Gather the VMware Support Script Data. For more information, see Collecting Diagnostic Information in a VMware Virtual Infrastructure Environment (1003689).
- File a support request with VMware Support and note this Knowledge Base article ID (1039326) in the problem description. For more information, see How to Submit a Support Request.
Note: You may also receive this error while taking a snapshot. In this case, remove the virtual machine from the inventory and re-add as per Step 1 in the preceding workaround. You should now be able to take a snapshot successfully.
- vCenter Server でのスナップショットに戻す操作で、エラー「This object has already been deleted or has not been completely created」 が表示される (2077163)
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.