The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Accessing the View Security server externally fails with the error: Given final block not properly padded (1037985)
- Cannot access the VMware View Security server from outside your network
- Accessing the View Security server fails
- You see the error:
Page can not be displayed
- You are using an SSL certificate for the authentication and encryption of SSL traffic.
- In the debug-<date>.txt log file, located at c:\program files\vmware\vmware view\server\sslgateway\config\, you see the error:
failed to decrypt safe contents entry: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded
This issue may occur due to the corrupt key.p12 file or an incorrect password.
To resolve this issue:
- Ensure that there are no typing errors in the locked.properties file. To verify this, open the locked.properties file using a text editor and verify these entries:
- Verify if the key.p12 file is corrupt. If the key.p12 file is corrupt, generate a new certificate. For instructions to generate a new certificate, see Guidelines for generating and importing an SSL certificate for the View Connection Server (1008705).
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.