The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Cannot log in to the View Admin portal after a fresh installation of View Manager (1037952)
After a fresh installation of VMware View Manager 4.6.x, you experience these symptoms:
- Cannot log in to the View Admin portal
- Logging in to the View Admin portal fails.
- You see an access denied error
- The Windows Event log on the Connection Server and the Domain Controller indicate failures due to incorrect username or password, but the log in credentials are correct
- These issues occur only when using Windows 2003 Server as the Connection Server, but not when using Windows 2008 Server
This issue occurs when the NTLM v2 authentication is disabled on the Domain Controller.
To resolve this issue, ensure that the NTLM v2 authentication is enabled on the Domain Controller.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.