The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Provisioning linked clones when using the French version of Windows 2008 64bit fails with the error: Selected parent VM is not accessible (1037379)
After installing or upgrading to VMware View 4.5 or 4.6, you experience these symptoms:
- Cannot provision linked clone pools
- Provisioning linked clone pools fail
- This issue occurs if you have installed vCenter Server on the French version of Windows 2008 64bit operating system
- In the Windows Event log of vCenter Server, you see the error:
"Avertissement","104","09/20/2010 08:09:59","VMware View","9","AUTORITE NT\SystÃ¨me","Pool cn=7fdf9ece-ae4f-4e32-
bc57-c3e61aa70dfc,ou=virtualcenter,ou=propeties,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int::Unable to create new VM - View Composer DiskFault:
Selected parent VM is not accessible"
This issue is resolved in View Composer 2.7.
To resolve this issue in earlier View Composer versions:
- Create a local administrator account with name containing ASCII characters only.
- Change the logon account for VMware Universal File Access service to this local account.
- Verify you can start and stop the UFA service with this account.
UFA log files are written to %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\vmware-temp.
However, the log collection process does not collect logs from this location and you need to manually gather the UFA log files, if needed.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.