The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Using IBM DB2 - 9.7.2 database with vCenter Server 4.0 Update 3 (1037354)
When using IBM DB2 9.7.2 database with vCenter Server 4.0 Update 3, you need to ensure that:
- Only IBM DB2 -9.7.2 32-bit client is used to access the database.
- IBM DB2 -9.7.2 32-bit client and 64-bit client do not co-exist on the vCenter Server system.
Note: You must upgrade from vCenter Server 4.0 Update 3 to vCenter Server 4.1 Update 1 by using Data Migration.
- DB2Users and DBSysmon groups are created on the database system. If these groups do not exist on the system, create the groups and assign these groups to DB2 user.
- The database system is configured with DB2 client, System DSN is created, and the parameter DBAlias is configured. If DBAlias is not configured and you connect to the database an error similar to this is displayed:
SQL1013N Thee database alias name or database name " " could not be found, SQLSTATE=42705.
To configure DBAlias on :
- In the database system, click Start > Run.
- On 32-bit systems enter odbcad32 and click OK. On 64-bit systems, enter c:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe and click OK.
- In the System DSN tab, select the System DSN name and click Configure.
- In the Advanced Settings tab, click Add.
- Select DBAlias CLI parameter from the list and click OK.
- In the Pending Value field enter the <Database_Name> in upper case, and click OK.
- Click Apply.
- Verify that after clicking Apply, for DBAlias, <Database_Name> shifts from Pending Value cloumn to Value column.
- Click OK.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.