The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Performance Charts in the VI Client fail to load completely (1036409)
- Performance Charts in vSphere Client load only as a bitmap, with a question mark in the top right corner
- No performance data is displayed
The Performance Charts feature is designed to use JS navigation-related functions provided by the browser. This issue occurs if the HTTP 1.1 option in Internet Explorer is not selected.
Caution: This procedure involves modifying the registry. Ensure that you have permissions to modify the registry. Incorrect changes to the registry can leave your system unstable or unable to run. Always back up the registry before editing it, and exercise caution in making changes to the registry. VMware takes no responsibility for problems that may arise.
To resolve this issue:
- Start Internet Explorer, click Tools > Internet Option > Advanced > HTTP 1.1 Settings.
- Select the Use HTTP 1.1 option.
If HTTP1.1 is disabled at a domain level via GPO, manually override this registry settings to resolve the issue:
EnableHttp1_1 > Use HTTP 1.1
ProxyHttp1.1 > Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections
- Start Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools > Internet Option.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click Trusted Sites and then click Sites.
- Type127.0.0.1 in the Add this website to the zones textbox.
- Click Add.
- Click Close.
- Click OK.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.