The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
VMware vCloud Director cell initializes but the GUI reports the error: None of the cells have a vCenter proxy service running (1035506)
- vCloud Director can no longer contact vCenter Server.
- In the vCloud Director GUI, the vCenter Server connector service is not running on any cell.
- You see the error:
None of the cells have a vCenter proxy service running.
- Application initialization reaches 100% in the
- Operations are initiated using the GUI but the status is never updated in vCloud Director and times out after 900 seconds.
- You cannot provision new machines using vCloud Director because there is no available ESX server for the resource pool.
- In the
/opt/vmware/cloud-director/logs/vcloud-container-debug.logfile, you see the error:
Unable to find the cell running the listener
Note: It is recommended to perform this procedure only under the guidance of VMware Technical Support. Contact VMware Support and reference this Knowledge Base article (1035506) in the problem description of your support request. For more information, see How to File a Support Request.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.