HP images of ESX and ESXi for Proliant BL380 G8, BL460c G7, BL465c G7, BL680c G7 and BL685c G7 server blades (1035114)
- HP management components – CIM providers
- NIC drivers that are required for HP servers that are not in the base image
The VMware install process for ESXi does not have any way to include additional drivers. The ESXi installer checks to see if there is a valid NIC driver on the image and does not allow the install to proceed if a supported NIC driver is not found. If you are using the G7 blades, you must use the HP ESXi image. The HP image includes the drivers listed above.
HP Management Agents (both ESX and ESXi)
VMware now provides the vibddi image customization tool. For more information, see:
- Adding third-party device drivers to ESXi 4.1 (2003316)
- Determining a storage device to which to copy a 4.1 ESXi dd image (2005727)
To download the vibddi image customization tool, see Download Vmware vSphere 4.
- Adding third-party device drivers to ESXi 4.1
- Determining a storage device to which to copy a 4.1 ESXi dd image