The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Changing the default session timeout value for the VMware View Connection server (1034033)
This article provides the methods to modify the default session timeout value for the VMware View Connection server.
The default session timeout value for the VMware View Connection server can be modified using one of these methods:
- Enabling automatic updates on the View Connection server
- Editing the timer value in WEB-INF
Enabling automatic updates on the View Connection server
- Log in to View Administrator.
- Navigate to View Configuration > Global Settings.
- Click Edit.
- Select Enable automatic status updates.
When enabled, the global status area in the upper left corner of the application gets updated automatically once in every few minutes. The Dashboard page, when active, is also updated every few minutes.
Note: Idle session timeouts do not occur when automatic updates are enabled and, therefore, View Administrator remains active until the browser is closed or an explicit logout is performed.
Editing the timer value in WEB-INF
To edit the timer value and to set the timeout value in minutes:
- On the View Connection server, open the <installpath>\VMware\VMware View\Server\broker\webapps\admin\WEB-INF\web.xml file using a text editor.
- Locate the session timeout configuration section within the file. For example:
<!-- Set session timeout to 30 minutes -->
- Change the value between <session-timeout> and </session-timeout> as required.
- Save and close file.
- Restart Connection Server Service for the changes to take effect.
Warning: Restarting the View Connection server disconnects all currently connected users from their desktops.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.