The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
VMware vFabric Hyperic Agent support for Japanese (JPN) Windows 2008 (1031281)
- Japanese characters are sometimes rendered incorrectly in VMware vFabric Hyperic Agent.
- Alert Emails shows ?????.
- Alert Detail shows unreadable text in the Alert Condition section.
- Japanese characters are rendered correctly in the Event Log details from the timeline at the bottom of the indicator charts.
VMware vFabric Hyperic Agent now supports Japanese (JPN) Windows 2008 as of vFabric Hyperic 188.8.131.52.
The vFabric Hyperic Server backend database must be:
- External (i.e. - not built-in postgreSQL database).
- Configured to support the UTF-8 character set.
Note: This information applies to other operating systems.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.