The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Deploying Virtual Applications using VMware vCloud Request Manager (1031143)
To deploy a vApp:
- Log in to the VMware vCloud Request manager portal.
- Select the Organisation under the cloud dropdown menu in which the template is located.
- Click Add Application.
- Choose the the catalog and template for the deployment of the vApp.
- Provide the title of the vApp and provide an optional description for the vApp.
- In the Needed Until field, enter the date until which the vApp is required. Alternatively, select No End Date if you do not the want vApp to expire.
- Choose the Virtual Data Center from dropdown menu where you want vApp to be deployed and click Done.
- After you submit your request, it enters the approval workflow.
- Your manager receives a generated email notification with the request details and two links. The manager can either approve or decline the request to deploy the vApp by clicking on one of the links.
- If your manager rejects the request, you receive an email indicating the request was rejected.
- If your manager approves the request, VMware vCloud Director performs the provisioning, instantiates the virtual application, deploys it, sets the lease, and then powers it on.
- If configured VMware vCloud Director also checks for the License available and allocates a License. If no licenses are available, the request gets rejected.
- Request Manager notifies you that the vApp is created. The email notification includes a link to the vApp and to VMware vCloud Director.
Note: To allow you to send approval for vApp, your manager must be populated in Manager under the Global Address List (GAL).
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.