PCoIP performance is slower than expected (1030695)
- PCoIP performance is slow
- PCoIP performance is not as quick or fluid as expected
Each step below provides instructions and a link to a document, for performing the step and taking corrective action as necessary. The steps are ordered in the most appropriate sequence to isolate the issue and to identify the proper resolution. After completing each step, try seeing if the performance or speed issue is resolved in your PCoIP connection to your VMware View virtual desktop. Work through each troubleshooting step in order, and do not skip a step.
To troubleshoot speed related issues with the PCoIP protocol:
- Ensure that enough network resources are available. For more information, see Ensuring that there are enough network resources in a VMware View environment (1020894).
- Confirm that you have allocated sufficient hardware resources to the virtual desktop. For more information, see Confirming that sufficient hardware resources exist for VMware View deployments (1030681).
- Ensure that the network is optimally configured for VMware View virtual desktops. For more information, see Network configuration in VMware View virtual desktops (1026498).
- Confirm that the hardware has been tested for compatibility by searching the VMware Compatibility Guide.
- Confirm that no third-party issues with the guest operating system in the virtual desktop exist. For more information, see Confirming that third-party interaction issues do not exist with the operating system in a VMware View environment (1027466).
If your problem continues to exist after trying the steps in this article:
- Collect the VMware View diagnostic bundle. For more information, see Collecting diagnostic information for VMware View (1017939).
- File a support request with VMware Support and quote this Knowledge Base article ID (1030695) in the problem description. For more information, see How to Submit a Support Request.