Unable to download the vSphere Client from an ESX/ESXi 4.1 host (1029925)
- Downloading vSphere Client by pointing a web browser to your ESX/ESXi host fails
- You are unable to install vSphere Client
- This issue occurs after installing or upgrading to ESX/ESXi 4.1
- Attempts to upgrade the vSphere Client by connecting to a new ESX/ESXi host might fail and result in this error:
The required client support files cannot be retrieved from the server "vsphereclient.vmware.com". The login process will now exit.
Details: The server could not interpret the client's request. (The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.)
For ESX and ESXi 4.1, the vSphere Client is no longer packaged with builds of ESX and ESXi so you are redirected to http://www.vmware.com for the vSphere Client setup package.
After installing ESX and ESXi, you are directed to a download page on the VMware web site to get the vSphere Client compatible for your release.
Note: The vSphere Client is still packaged with builds of vCenter Server. You can also install the client from the vCenter Server 4.1 build. For more information, see ESX and vCenter Server Installation Guide, the ESXi Installable and vCenter Server Setup Guide, and the ESXi Embedded and vCenter Server Setup Guide. .
http://www.vmware.comblocked on a firewall, and that port 80 is open on the computer on which you want to install the vSphere Client.
- Download the client from another computer that does have access http://vsphereclient.vmware.com/vsphereclient/2/5/8/9/0/2/VMware-viclient-all-4.1.0-258902.exe
- Click for version 491557 http://vsphereclient.vmware.com/vsphereclient/4/9/1/5/5/7/VMware-viclient-all-4.1.0-491557.exe
This information is also available in What's New in vSphere 4.1.