Cannot power on any VMware View virtual desktop in pool (1029427)
- You cannot power on any virtual desktop in a pool
- You are having power on issues with your View virtual desktops
Each step below provides instructions and a link to a document, for performing the step and taking corrective action as necessary. The steps are ordered in the most appropriate sequence to isolate the issue and to identify the proper resolution. They are also ordered in the most appropriate sequence to minimize data loss. After each step, check to see if you can power on your virtual desktops. Work through each troubleshooting step in order, and do not skip a step.
To troubleshoot virtual desktop power on issues:
- Ensure that there are no issues with vCenter Server and the ESX/ESXi hosts. For more information, see:
- Ensure that there is sufficient storage space available. For more information, see:
- Confirm that replica virtual machine is not missing or corrupted. For more information, see Recovering a missing or corrupted replica virtual machine (1029063).
- Ensure that there are no issues with your virtual machine templates. For more information, see Verifying that the View virtual desktop template is functioning properly (1029260).
If the issue persists after completing the steps in this article:
- Collect the VMware View diagnostic bundle. For more information, see Collecting diagnostic information for VMware View (1017939).
- File a support request with VMware Support and quote this Knowledge Base article ID (1029427) in the problem description. For more information see How to Submit a Support Request.
- Diagnosing an ESXi/ESX host that is disconnected or not responding in vCenter Server
- Troubleshooting a datastore or VMFS volume that is full or near capacity
- Identifying Fibre Channel, iSCSI, and NFS storage issues on ESX/ESXi hosts
- Troubleshooting VirtualCenter and View Manager connectivity and operation
- Collecting diagnostic information for VMware View
- Recovering a missing or corrupted replica virtual machine
- Verifying that the View virtual desktop template is functioning properly