View Client 4.5.0 or earlier fails to connect to View Connection Server if Internet Explorer 9 Beta or Windows 7 SP1 Beta is installed on the same client system (1028650)
- The current beta versions of Internet Explorer 9 and Windows 7 SP1 include an updated networking library that causes View Client to fail.
- If View Client 4.5.0 or earlier is installed on a Windows 7 SP1 Beta operating system, or View Client is installed on the same system as Internet Explorer 9 Beta, View Client cannot connect and authenticate to View.
- You can install Internet Explorer 9 Beta inside a View desktop. This issue only affects the client system that hosts the View desktop.
You see the error:
"The View Connection Server connection failed. (null)".
Note: This error message can also occur if you install Microsoft patches 2482017 or 2467023. For more information about this issue, see Unable to connect from Windows 7 View Client to View 4.5 Connection Server after installing the patch in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 2482017 or 2467023 (1034262).
Download and install View Client 4.5 build 353760 or View Client 4.6 to resolve the issue. You can download these clients from the VMware Download Center.
Package View Client as a ThinApp package on a machine that does not have Internet Explorer 9 Beta or Windows 7 SP1 Beta installed and distribute the package. The wininet.dll file that is packaged from the machine allows View Client to work correctly
Run the Internet Explorer 9 or Windows 7 SP1 application in compatibility mode.
- To use Windows 7 SP1 Beta, run under compatibility mode of Windows 7.
- To use Internet Explorer 9 Beta on a Windows 7 SP0 system, run under compatibility mode of Windows Vista Service Pack 2.
Note: If you use compatibility mode, certificate authentication to View Connection Server does not work.
If possible, avoid installing Internet Explorer 9 Beta on the same Windows system as View Client 4.5.0 or earlier. If Internet Explorer 9 Beta is already installed, you can uninstall the Internet Explorer 9 Beta software. Follow the instructions in the Microsoft Answers forum
"How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 9 Beta?".