The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Troubleshooting a black screen when logging into a Horizon View virtual desktop using PCoIP (1028332)
- When attempting to connect to a Horizon View virtual machine using the PCoIP protocol, a black screen is displayed temporarily and the client disconnects. Connecting to the same virtual machine using RDP protocol is successful.
- Internal PCoIP connections may be successful, however connecting externally results in a black screen.
- Connections from a PCoIP Zero Client fail, but connecting using the Horizon View software client is successful.
- Misconfiguration of connection server settings.
- vRAM shortage on the View virtual machine.
- Incorrect video driver version installed on the View virtual machine.
If you see a black screen when using PCoIP:
- Verify that the View desktop is using the correct video driver. For more information, see The PCoIP server log reports the error: Error attaching to SVGADevTap, error 4000: EscapeFailed (1029706).
- Verify that no disclaimers or login banners are being used when PCoIP is the display protocol. For more information, see Black View Client log in screen when using PCoIP (1016961).
- Verify that the pool is configured to provide enough video memory for the resolutions you plan to present to the clients. For more information, see Dual monitors configured using PCoIP does not span both the monitors for VMware View (1027899).
- Verify that the agents were installed in the correct order. For more information, see Configuring PCoIP for use with View Manager (1018158).
- Confirm the PCoIP Security Gateway configuration. For more information, see Configuring PCoIP Secure Gateway in VMware View (1036208).
- If connections fail while using the PCoIP protocol through a Thin Client or Zero Client, but are successful using the View software client, the issue may be occurring due to an incorrect setting within the Thin Client. Review your Thin Client or Zero Client configuration and contact your vendor if necessary.
- Verify that the network is configured correctly. For more information, see:
- Network configuration in VMware View virtual desktops (1026498)
- Confirming that correct TCP/IP ports are open on a VMware Horizon View Virtual Desktop (1026766)
- Firewall Rules for DMZ-Based Security Servers section in the VMware Horizon View Architecture Planning Guide
- Verify that View desktop has enough space to write temp file that PCOIP uses when generating the PCOIP_Server_Logs.
If the issue still persists after completing the steps above:
- Collect the VMware View diagnostic bundle. For more information, see Collecting diagnostic information for VMware View (1017939).
- File a support request with VMware Support and quote this Knowledge Base article ID (1028332) in the problem description. For more information on filing a Support Request, see Filing a Support Request in My VMware (2006985).
- Creating View desktops causes the vCenter Server error: The operation is not supported on the object (1017380)
- The PCoIP server log reports the error: Error attaching to SVGADevTap, error 4000: EscapeFailed (1029706)
- Connecting to the linked clones in VMware View fails with the error: The Display Protocol For this Desktop is currently not available (2015784)
- Se ve una pantalla negra cuando se inicia sesión en un escritorio virtual de VMware View utilizando PCoIP (2071557)
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.