ESX/ESXi 4.1 with network card NC522SFP fails to install or upgrade with a purple diagnostic screen (1026431)
- ESX 4.1 with network card NC522SFP fails to install or upgrade
- You experience a purple diagnostic screen with an error similar to the following:
#PF Exception 14 in world 4129:helper11-0
On some systems, the inbox NetXen driver fails to load the firmware. This causes the system to fail with a purple diagnostic screen during the early stage of the install process.
- Prior the upgrade/install process, de-activate the NC522SFP card from the BIOS or remove it from the server.
- Proceed with the install/upgrade.
- When ESXi 4.1 installation is completed, install this Async driver: VMware ESX/ESXi 4.x Driver CD for QLogic Intelligent Ethernet Adapters.
- Re-activate/re-install the NC522SFP card in the server.