The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Customizing a Solaris vApp Template (1026379)
Note: Sysprep does not support NT customization. Manual customization steps are required for both Windows NT and Solaris x86.
To manually customize Solaris vApp Templates:
Note: Before performing these steps, ensure that VMware Tools are installed.
- Click Catalogs.
- Right-click a vApp Template, and choose Add to My Cloud.
- Ensure that Enable guest customization is selected and power off the virtual machine.
- Start the vApp and power on the virtual machine. The Customization CD is mounted automatically after the virtual machine powers on.
- Log in to the Solaris guest operating system.
- In the terminal, run these case-sensitive commands:
# /etc/init.d/volmgt stop
# /etc/init.d/volmgt start
# sh /cdrom/cdrom/customize-guest.sh install
# eject cdrom
- Run this command to shut down the virtual machine from inside the guest operating system:
shutdown -y -g0 -i5
- Stop the vApp.
- Right-click the vApp template, and choose Copy to Catalog.
- (Optional) Delete the original vApp template.
A script starts that copies files to the guest and prepares the virtual machine template for customization.
Note: If you add new Solaris vApp Templates, you only need to complete steps 3-6 once. You do not need to repeat these steps for additional virtual machines in the Catalog that result from cloning these virtual machines.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.