The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Collecting diagnostic information for VMware vCloud Director 1.x / 5.x (1026312)
- For more information on opening a support request, see How to File a Support Request.
- For information on uploading support files, see Uploading diagnostic information to VMware (1008525).
The vmware-vcd-support script collects host log information as well as vCloud Director logs:
- For vCloud Director 1.0, run /opt/vmware/cloud-director/bin/vmware-vcd-support
- For vCloud Director 1.5, run /opt/vmware/vcloud-director/bin/vmware-vcd-support
- For vCloud Director 5.x, run /opt/vmware/vcloud-director/bin/vmware-vcd-support
vmware-vcd-support --all -mWhen you run the vmware-vcd-support script, it creates a file in the folder where the script was executed from. For example:
vmware-vcd-support-2010-07-11.25214.tgzThis table provides information about vCloud Director logs:
|cell.log||Console output from the vCloud Director cell.|
|diagnostics.log||Cell diagnostics log. This file is empty unless diagnostics logging is enabled in the local logging configuration.|
|vcloud-container-info.log||Informational log messages from the cell. This log also shows warnings or errors encountered by the cell.|
|vcloud-container-debug.log||Debug-level log messages from the cell.|
|vcloud-vmware-watchdog.log||Informational log messages from the cell watchdog. For example, this records when the cell fails or is restarted.|
- The logs for VMware vCloud Director are located in /opt/vmware/vcloud-director/logs.
- Support bundles can vary in size, ensure that atleast 10GB space is available for single/multi cell log collection.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.