The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Changing the VMware View Client connection timeout (1023347)
This article provides steps to increase, decrease, or disable the VMware View Client connection timeout.
Caution: Timeouts should be set to a value as required by the users in the Horizon View environment and an arbitrarily large timeout should not be set unless strictly needed. Some third-party software that integrates with Horizon View might create sessions that will not be logged off. These sessions are dependent on the timeout mechanism for being removed from the system. With a large timeout, these sessions may build up and use unnecessary View broker resources.
To change the VMware View Client connection timeout:
Log in to the VMware View Administration Portal.
In View Manager 4.0, click Configuration and click Global Settings.
Note: Alternatively, in View Manager 4.5 and Horizon View 5.x versions, click View Configuration, then Global Settings.
In the Global Settings pane, click Edit.
Update the Session timeout value.
- To effectively disable the session time out, enter 9999999, which equates to 19 years.
- For View 6.x, to disable session time out, navigate to Global settings and under General change the Forcible disconnect Users setting to Never.
- From View 6.x, Client-dependent settings can also be set to protect application session when there is no mouse or keyboard activity on the client device.
- For more information on Client-dependent settings, see View Administration Guide.
- Tuning the View Client session timeout when using Imprivata OneSign Virtual Desktop Access for VMware Horizon View (2050602)
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.