The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Cannot access VMware vRealize Configuration Manager jobs page (1023238)
- The collector service stops immediately after it is started
- You do not see any errors
- Cannot access VMware vRealize Configuration Manager (formerly known as VMware vCenter Configuration Manager) jobs page
- When you open the vRealize Configuration Manager Job Manager, you get a generic error
This issue occurs if the machine_name_netbios field for your Collector machine in the ecm_dat_machines table is NULL. When the collector service starts, it calls a stored procedure to register the collector in the database. If the netbios name is NULL, the stored procedure fails.
To resolve this issue:
- Run this query to verify if the machine_name_netbios field for your Collector machine in the ecm_dat_machines table is NULL:
SELECT machine_name_netbios FROM ecm_dat_machines WHERE machine_name = '<COLLECTOR_NAME>'
Where <COLLECTOR_NAME> is the name of your Collector.
- Run this query to update the table and to set the machine_name_netbios field to an appropriate value:
SET machine_name_netbios = '<COLLECTOR_NETBIOS_NAME>'
WHERE machine_name = '<COLLECTOR_NAME>'
Where <COLLECTOR_NETBIOS_NAME> is netbios name that you want to set.
Start the Collector service.
Note: This issue is resolved in vRealize Configuration Manager 5.2x (formerly known as VMware vCenter Configuration Manager).
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.