The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Cannot connect to the Client CD/DVD drive by using Passthrough IDE mode (1022010)
- Connecting to the Client CD/DVD drive using Passthrough IDE mode fails to work in vSphere Client.
- This issue may occur with the vSphere Client on 32 bit or 64 bit versions of the Windows Operating Systems.
- After connecting to a local ISO, the Media connect dropdown menu for a Virtual machine stops responding at:
CD/DVD Drive 1 (Connecting...)screen.
This issue can occur if you do not have local Administrator access to the operating system running the vSphere Client.
To resolve this issue, ensure you have local administrator access:
To ensure you have local administrator access:
- Close the vSphere Client.
- Right-click the vSphere Client icon and Click Run as Administrator.
- Right-click the virtual machine and click Edit Settings.
- Click CD/DVD and change the device to Passthrough IDE.
- Power on the virtual machine and connect to the local CD/DVD drive.
- Select the virtual machine from the vSphere Client menu and Click Inventory > Virtual Machine > Guest > Send Ctrl+Alt+Del.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.