The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Licensing vCenter AppSpeed 1.x (1021578)
VMware vCenter AppSpeed Licensing
VMware vCenter AppSpeed is licensed on a per processor or a per VM bases .AppSpeed requires an adequate number of vSphere Standard, Advanced, Enterprise or Enterprise Plus licenses and one instance of vCenter Server Standard.
Viewing existing licenses
To view existing licenses:
- Click the Administration tab at the top of the AppSpeed user interface to display the Administration module.
- In the navigation pane, click Licensing to display the License page.
- The total number of licensed processors (all licenses combined) and the number of monitored processors display at the top of the page.
The following details are displayed for existing licenses:
- Key: The license key string.
- Processors: The maximum number of physical chips on physical hosts that have virtual machines monitored by AppSpeed.
- Expiration Date: The date on which the license expires.
- Time to Expiration: The number of days left before the license expires.
- Validated: Indicates whether or not the license key has been validated.
Note: Expired licenses appear in red.
Viewing license details
You can view the details of an existing license, including the allowed number of servers, the date the license was issued, the date the license is scheduled to expire, and the number of days left until that expiry date.
To view license details:
- In the License page, select a license key and click View License.
- Click OK to return to the License page.
Adding a license (Per Processor)
You can add additional licenses if, for example, you want to implement AppSpeed monitoring on additional servers not covered by existing licenses.
Note: You must have an AppSpeed license to monitor servers.
To add a license:
- In the License page, click Add License.
- Enter the license key provided by VMware in the text box and click OK.
Adding a license (Per VM)In vCenter Server 4.1, AppSpeed is licensed inside vCenter Server after the AppSpeed appliance is registered to it. This requires a Per VM based licenses.
To add a license:
- Log in to vCenter Server
- In the Home tab, click Licensing.
- Click Manage vSphere Licenses.
- Enter the license key in the dialog box that appears.
- Click Next.
- Select the AppSpeed appliance that is registered to vCenter Server.
- Select the license key for AppSpeed.
- Click Next and complete the steps.
Removing a license
You can remove an existing AppSpeed license.
To remove an existing license:
- In the License page, select a license key and click Remove License.
- When prompted to confirm the deletion, click OK. The license is removed. If the license has not yet expired, the number of allowed processors decreases accordingly.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.