The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Unable to Upgrade from VMware vCenter Lab Manager 4.0 to 4.0.1 (1020528)
Unable to upgrade from vCenter Lab Manager 4.0 to 4.0.1 because of roles, right, and vCenter issues due to the following error during an upgrade:
Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint ‘RoleRight_PK’. Cannot insert duplicate key in object ‘dbo.RoleRight’
For a successful upgrade from vCenter Lab Manager 4.0 to 4.0.1, complete one of these solutions.
- In the vCenter Lab Manager 4.0 Web console, do the following:
- In the left pane, select Roles and Rights.
- Right click User and select Properties.
- Under Library Configuration, deselect the Library Configuration: Clone to Workspace check box.
- Right click View Only and select Properties.
- Under Machine deselect the Machine: Use Console check box.
- Upgrade to vCenter Lab Manager 4.0.1 and verify it was successful.
- Delete the role/right assignment from the database by running the following SQL commands:
- DELETE FROM RoleRight WHERE role_id = 105 AND right_id = 24, which removes the Library Configuration: Clone to Workspace permission for User role
- DELETE FROM RoleRight WHERE role_id = 106 AND right_id = 71, which removes the Machine: Use Console permission for the View Only role.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.