The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
VMware Horizon View Best Practices (1020305)
- Best practices for using VMware Horizon View.
- Links to useful VMware Horizon View resources.
Best practicesFollow these best practices when using VMware View:
- Microsoft Internet Information Service (IIS) can interfere with VirtualCenter ports. If possible, stop IIS inside vCenter Server. For more information, see Port already in use when installing VirtualCenter (4824652).
- Follow the best practices for Anti-Virus deployment. For more information, see Anti-Virus Practices for VMware View.
- If you are planning to use PCoIP with Wyse Thin Terminals, ensure that the Wyse thin client is supported for PCoIP. Upgrade to the latest firmware version. For more information, see the VMware View Thin Client Compatibility Guide.
- Release the Internet Protocol (IP) address from the parent virtual machine and shut this virtual machine down before taking a snapshot for use as your new linked clone base image.
Note: Snapshots taken from running virtual machines cannot be used as base images.
- Ensure that the master copy uses a SCSI interface for its disk. SCSI interfaces generally provide better performance for virtual machines.
- Ensure you are using a supported hardware version and VMware Tools is updated to the latest version.
- Ensure that the View agent is upgraded to the latest version in the parent virtual machine.
- Update to the most recent version of Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) client software available for your operating system.
- Disable firewalls inside vCenter Server and the Connection Server. In some cases, the Windows firewall can cause isolation from the network. It may be preferable to use external firewalls. For more information, see Using Windows Firewall and Dual Network Interface Cards with VMware View Servers (1024610).
- VMware Horizon View documentation
- VMware Horizon View FAQs
- Windows XP Deployment Guide
- Storage Considerations for VMware View
- VMware Horizon View Optimization Guide for Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Anti Virus Best Practices for VMware Horizon View 5.x
- VMware View Backup Best Practices
- VMware View 5 with PCoIP, Network Optimization Guide
- PCoIP Virtual Desktop Network Design Checklist
- VMware Horizon View 5.2 Performance and Best Practices
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.