The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Cannot configure multi-monitor settings for non-persistent desktops connected through PCoIP (1019866)
In VMware View Manager 4.0.x, you experience these symptoms:
- You cannot configure multi-monitor settings for virtual machines deployed in non-persistent desktop pools connected through PCoIP.
- Configuring multi-monitor settings for virtual machines deployed in non-persistent desktop pools fails.
To configure multi-monitor settings, a virtual machine needs to be completely shutdown and then powered on (but not restarted) for it to re-read the VMX file.
To use multi-monitor settings effectively:
- Open a text editor and type shutdown -s . Save it as a batch file (.bat extension).
- On the master virtual machine, place the .bat file in C:\WINDOWS\system32.
- Create a new snapshot.
- Edit the Pool Settings. Near the end of the process, there is an option to use a Post Synchronization script. Specify the .bat file created in step 1.
- Set the pool settings to Always on. This ensures that the virtual machines are always powered on, even when they are not in use. If they are shut down, they will immediately restart.
- Continue to provision the virtual machine. According the Post Synchronization script, the virtual machine is shutdown and the pool settings automatically power on the virtual machine so the next time you log into the virtual desktop, you can use multi-monitor settings.
Note: If using a Manual Pool, power down the virtual machine before adding it to the pool in View and let View power on the virtual machine and configure the displays automatically.
This Article Replaces
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.